Tuesday 6 January 2015

Entering 2015...Are you ready?


The New Year is upon us & I'm sure many of us feel like we only blinked & then.. boom! 2015..

The few days of pigging out, watching necessary Christmas films & getting fat are drawing to a close pretty quickly & before we know it here we are stumbling into the new year with our motivated minds and long list of resolutions.

Among many of those resolutions that I have made for this year (which most, i probably won't manage to keep) writing a blog is one of them. For the past few years now I have considered starting one but as I have previously mentioned; the idea of writing publicly baffled me, what would I write about? Does it have to be about food? How you do you even use blogger?! (something i'm yet to master).. having said this; an old friend of mine keeps a blog in which I have found inspiring, therefore; I have made it one of my yearly challenges to give this whole blogging malarkey a good bash.. apologies in advance if it doesn't fit the blogging criteria but i'll aim to satisfy where i can!

So where were we? .. 2015 - it's here already, can we believe it?

For many i'm sure, 2015 has already hit us where it hurts. Be it work related, a personal matter or just the cold, dank weather that England so kindly offers us at this time of year. So?... I could make this post as dark and dismal as possible for i'm sure that's what you would all love to read about, but instead I will aim to put a positive spin on things.

Although for some of us, we may have felt the nice sharp gnashers of the year already, I am still holding out hope that this will be the year of great things for all. Looking back over the last few years I can honestly say I never would have thought I would be where I am right now. The year that has past I have learnt a lot of life lessons & discovered a lot about myself. What's the relevance?
Already in 2015, I have faced my own challenges & have watched loved ones go through the hell that is heartbreak; I've watched their faces coil with worry and anticipation of outcomes which has brought me to the conclusion; Why worry?   For the longest time I lost myself within a pattern of nerves & anxiety. This year is the year of change. Not only for myself but for those around me & those of you who may read this. It's a year of possibility.

Regardless of where you were then or where you may be finding yourself right now. This year can be your year. A friend kindly told me not too long ago that every day, in that particular day you are at your most beautiful for as each day passes you're getting older & uglier. Safe to say he isn't too smooth when it comes to compliments..

No matter where we are in life, we will be faced with scenarios that we would much rather close the door on and deal with at a later date; there will be people who break your heart, there will be times where you may be overcome with that feeling of being 'at wits end' but if you can look past that for a moment, 2015 is a year that you can will overcome your worries, you can will achieve your goals & most of all, I hope you all have fun with it.
Life can turn funny on you sometimes, it can throw the most unexpected hurdles at you but, it can also bring you great happiness, laughter & adventures so let it challenge you. Let it make you. Let 2015 be your year.





1 comment:

  1. Excited to see where your blog goes :) Happy New Year!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete